please go within yourself + see how locally you can hold locals accountable locally + afar + cooperatively unite + share what works..

Posted by our combined` effect our combined` effect
Acción Guatemala posted in La Via Campesina

Acción Guatemala

 12:02pm Oct 16

Via Campesina press statement
 World Food Day: Agribusiness investments are destroying small-scale family farmers and peasants

 (Rome, 15th October 2012) At the press conference that took place today in Rome during the 39th session of the World Committee for Food Security, the Via Campesina representatives highlighted the risks that peasant agriculture will face if the issue of agricultural investment were to open the door to new land- water- and natural resources’ grabbing.

 For the Via Campesina, the question of agricultural investments is extremely important, as depending on how they are handled, they can either provide support for peasant agriculture or, on the contrary, destroy it. Land-grabbing in Africa has become extremely violent, as Ibrahima Coulibaly, West African member of the International Coordinating Committee of the Via Campesina said, adding « the multinationals investing in Africa do anything but benefit the most vulnerable »

 Kalissa Regier, a small-scale family farmer in Canada, and member of the National Farmers Union insisted on the fact that « rather than using large-scale private investments or public-private partnerships, the States should mobilise public funding to support small-scale family farmers and peasants who grow most of the world’s food, and who play a central role in combating hunger. » Since the last session in October 2011, the World Committee for Food Security has been working on the principles that would provide States with guidance in elaborating their agricultural investment policies. These principles should not be a red carpet for the agribusiness multinational corporations.

 The international peasant movement is all the more aware of this question as the examples of violations of farmer’s rights by private sector investments are increasingly frequent. As Rodolgo Gonzalez Greco, a member of the National indigenous people’s movement in Argentina said, the daily lot of the Argentinean peasants is « threats, houses burnt to the ground, farmer’s leaders assassinated, livestock water poisoned, their herds slaughtered, roads blocked by barbed wire to stop their children from going to school, and their women from fetching water ». All these acts are carried out by armed people who have been contracted by the agribusiness interests of the Argentinean soy bean sector, and they are being repeated throughout the world.

 On the eve of a new World Food Day, the Via Campesina is relaunching its struggle for food sovereignty, and denounces the daily violations of farmer’s rights, and wishes to remind the public that only small-scale farmers and peasants can feed the world.

 For more information on land grabbing, and to view the documentary projected during this press conference please click below:

                                Struggle against land grabbing in Mali

http://viacampesina.org/en/index.php/main-issues-mainmenu-27/agrarian-reform-mainmenu-36/1300-video-struggle-against-landgrabbing-in-mali

               Press contacts :
 Andrea Ferrante : Tel +393480189221
 Marzia Rezzin : Tel + 393342245183

1 Comment

our combined` effect our combined` effect

Re: please go within yourself + see how locally you can hold locals accountable locally + afar + cooperatively unite + share what works..

President Jim Yong Kim please take a look at what the World Bank is supporting, if really true.

we have contacted you before + are asking again for you to review our project in the building where we will give it to you with our help, or we will do on own + await donations to reach out further.

i`m presently finishing editing a tool for an archive as we welcome students into + with our local community, called project osic.

         where tallies will show what is happening as in this link below + we will show you how we suggest alternative thought for solutions, but we will need help as we invite those leaving negative effects to a tapering transition, so we support them to rethink + work within nature`s enhanced limits as local people gain local food/medicine sovereingty, where locals control their commons + now students becoming good natural engineers have modes ready to invest for locals to self-sustain.

                turning the world consciousness for ethical ecological sustainable investment to let our suffereing heal. as we reach out to locals + support their goodness in relaint markets to further reach out to locals so all locally self-sustain + we network in our archive what works, this process globally.

we have yet to receive donations + we are open to your suggestion on how we can work together, for we have the solutions, we just have to reach out now.

please review this link + we can stop this from happening if you work with us to rewrite these loans that you supposedly gave or World Bank, to include natural working ecological sustainable communities so now we reengineer with a good `plan that locals do with all, as we do a land/freshwater flow to sea use review, using agro-ecology gauges, restoring natural enhanced potential for all to heal + now restore their community.

thank you for this review, please confirm how we can be used + if you will work with us:

kara j lincoln

tel; 360-450-3749 + please leave detail message + i will get back to you.

see link please on crises now;

http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/please-go-within-yourself-see-how-locally-you-can-hold-locals-accountable-locally-afar-cooperatively-td7559352.html

peace is our option if we work together now, kara
            PLEASE ALL, THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT FOR ANY OF US TO DO, GATHER YOUR FAMILY-FRIENDS-COMMUNITIES LOCAL AND AFAR, AND ASK THEM TO PRIORITIZE WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW UNTIL MARCH 30, 2019, FOR THE NO NATO RALLY IN FRONT OF THE US WHITE HOUSE ON MARCH 30!

                             PLEASE SHARE!

                      http://no2nato2019.org

https://www.ictts.org/say-no-to-nato-war-and-racism-hands-off-venezuela

  PLUS THIS CONTINUES AFTER MARCH 30, 2019 UNTIL NATO ENDS!

                     Peace is an option if we share it,
            patches`+ pockets` everywhere are linking,
good folks are building this network along with their community,
                                          eye to eye.

   Please see our new Subcategories on URGENT UPDATE SUBJECTS (UUS) on the right side, so as to help ASAP the many left behind/or on the run now, as we welcome all to post on this `transitional shift message board (`tsmb).

   Humanity has solutions please share yours, so all needs can get met along w/the local `plan of each community, sharing in solidarity, globally, so all get one's needs met, fueling each to get out of the survival mode and into being a mindful participant, as we all work this `transformation needed in every community now to prepare for global weather getting worse!

    We are ending these scars from repeating, how? To start by sharing agro_ecological solutions, ending Nuclear use except for medical use w/no half-life that can be recycled/ending US-NATO war mode + false green, toxic economies. And welcome all to interrelate and do ones local `plan, now to help!

        Come talk, +1-360-450-3749 Please leave a message
                            or email; kareje@ictts.org

          We appreciate your participation, please share our link while you do your walkabout for you/your family and your communities!

                             `i come to talk story

        http://i-come-to-talk-story.3220728.n2.nabble.com/

        See more/correct and post on this `tsmb, now being structured here on Nabble under UUS in Subcategories!

       See more on our Google site, and excuse our inability to edit all here and there, to harmonize due to our feelings to help ASAP where can, those in need;

                            https://www.ictts.org/

         Please Donate to our US Nonprofit Association,

                           `i come to talk story

  email kara; kareje@ictts.org title DONATE and if need a tax receipt, please give us your info and we will send you one.

                 Thank you, for making a difference!

                    Love us at `i come to talk story